Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Your Internet Face!

  Having my own website is an absolute must to me and this does not include this blog or wordpress.  When I tag along with a writer, agent or artist I look for their website to give me an idea how they approach their business.  A well designed site shows the care they have put in place for their customers, fans, followers and anyone else fortunate enough to fall on their space.

  This comes at a cost (website fees) and a cost many of us do not have the funds to provide, but if you can provide this yearly cost a great product to use, which does not require you to be tech savvy, is Joomla. No, I do not own stock in this nor do I work there I just found it to be an awesome way to easily manipulate, modify or edit your site with critical information.  Now, today, my current website is not formatted in Joomla but this coming month of November it will be!  You will notice my News/Articles are from August of 2009. UGH! And each page you go to does not indicate in the tab what page you are on, it says content-blah. Another UGH!

  Over these years, I have crafted my site in different fashions and each one took time to update, which in turn, took away from my writing time (this is why my site is so out of date).  I went on a writer’s quest to find the best tool and found Joomla. It has thousands of templates allowing me quick access, quick updates and it is friendly so the windows you use are easy to manipulate.  

  Halleluiah!  

  I will implement this new version (I call it EW3.0) next month and will have the peace of mind my site will be fresh for all new customers or my favorite -- returning customers. I will have calendars, journals, RSfeed info and more! Once in place, I will put out an easy step by step guide for writers, artists and agents on what it took to make it fly.

Remember your site is your face to the world. Make it pretty. :)   

0 comments:

Post a Comment