Monday, October 11, 2010

To the corner with you bad words.....


No, I am not speaking on those curse words we often use when someone cuts us off in traffic. I am not even talking those words falling close to this line where if you are my children….you understand and live this list. The list I speak on are those words which, when constructed into a sentence, should immediately be removed. The best book I have seen with a starting list for you is Ken Rand’s “The 10% Solution”. It is a link under “Crazy Must Haves”.

When writing, never lean on this list! Write freely and when the editing bug kicks in pull the list out and walk your document in search for these bad children. PULL THEM and restructure the sentence. Believe me you will feel better. Here is my list (again I pulled many of these from Ken Rand’s book so in no way do I take ownership of this idea). Create your list today and live it.

ly <-- any word ending in!
of
that
very
about
by
like
but
self <-- any word ending in!
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment