Monday, November 22, 2010

My life wrapped in a Query.

  Here it is my life's work wrapped in a Query letter.  It seems a bit sad really to have all of this hard work and effort down to a couple of paragraphs and a single page.  I begin my first wave tonight but struggling to come up with a second wave (another 25 agents) since many agents do not carry the Fantasy genre.  I am also narrowing my search down to those that will take an email Query since I would find it hard to work with anyone who does not use technology. 


     "I am about to send you into a new fantasy adventure called EVERWING.  This 130,000 word story introduces a new creature forged forth from a unique blend of Elvin heritage and Eagle kind, creating the race called Masu¨ra.  These Masu¨ra differ little from their Elvish brethren except they possess wings on their backs and talons for feet.
       EVERWING, a historical adventure, brings us along with a young royal Masu¨ra named Gavee who discovers his understanding between right and wrong differs from his clans.  He finds himself torn between what he was trained to become and what he feels in his heart to be right.  This first book sends us into the Masu¨ra world and how Gavee answers the question on how he follows his heart versus the demands from his family.
      EVERWING is just the beginning for Gavee and his travels.  Our adventurer is sent into the struggles of his region and forced to watch one Masu¨ra, his brother, destroy a thousand year alliance and send his world into war.  EVERWING captivates you into a wonderful far away world of exciting and memorable characters with each having their own story to tell.  This is my first book which kicks off the series of eight.
       Now a little about myself, I have been wrapped inside the fantasy world since receiving my first Dungeon&Dragons book many ages ago and find my imagination overflowing with stories and ideas wrapped deep in magical lands.  I found myself creating and placing these short stories on paper for others to enjoy.  These short stories allowed me to perfect my art and turn them into a novel series called THE SAGA OF EVERWING.
       I am inviting you along on my journey in creating EVERWING a household name and look forward to hearing from you soon.  I hope you enjoy."

Short and sweet but to the point, I believe. Happy writing! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment