Sunday, January 16, 2011

When You Go Without


  Over ten days ago I had a tragedy, wherein, my laptop made a decision to shutdown and not power back up.  Now you may think the tragedy could be the loss of items I had on this machine but oh no, I had everything I needed (my day job is in I.T. and I should be ashamed of myself if I ever lose items in such manner).   The tragedy was also not the inability to cohort with others on Twitter, Facebook or other social media (I quickly put together an old pc and got it running to give me Internet access).  My tragedy or shall I say my calamity, fell into the inability to do what I have done every day of my life (includes holidays, vacations, birthdays, anniversaries, etc…) for the past six years!  WRITE! 

  You may say to yourself this should be a good time for this writer to read since the only way to be a great writer is to read.  Well I already read and often, so catching up in this department was not a positive and relaxing direction (in fact, it performed the opposite by reminding me what I should be doing).   Sigh.

  Writers are like any obsessive compulsive, nail biting, caffeine binging, must be sitting in MY chair and drinking from MY cup group of people (oh look a shiny penny).  Hhmm where was I?  Oh yeah, so for a writer to be frozen from their ability to do what they MUST do is well, close to removing the air from your lungs and asking you to speak (had to do this in Navy bootcamp and was a chiller I wish upon no one.  Well, I can think of a few people…anywho).  

  What am I getting at????  I learned a lot about myself and what writing really means to me.  I found how important the ability to express myself and these inner voices by inking the words upon a blank canvass really is to my whole SELF.  I learned as an I.T. person, how dare I allow my world to come down to one computer and put my life in such duress and horror.  Shameful!

  The event I am now calling “LaptopGate” made this writer fall deeper in love with this world of writing and made me realize I don’t write because I have a passion for writing. Oh no, I write because letters, words, sentences, paragraphs, chapters, novels, characters, plots and voices mean life.  They mean love, energy, source and any other analogy or synonym you may find.  This writer loves writing and is happy to be back with his love.

  Happy Writing Writers.  Go Writer Go!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment